Monday, April 25, 2011

Book Review: Howl's Moving Castle

Oops! I forgot to post this a while back when I finished it.

Howl's Moving Castle, Diana Wynne Jones

4.9.11 - 4.10.11

I asked my friends on Facebook for a "happy" book recommendation. Chrissy suggested this one. She said to not bother with the movie, though, that it was pretty horrible. I was super curious because I really liked the movie... I'm actually a really big fan of that director in general.

Having read the book, though, I can see how the movie would be a big letdown after the book. Any film by Miyazaki, I've been trained to suspend my need for complete answers. I've accepted that his worlds don't make sense and that's fine. This book, though, explains so much of that movie. So if you read the book first, it's clear to see that you'd be bitter at how much the movie left out.


I'm very happy with my order, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment