Friday, April 15, 2011

Book Review: The Lovely Bones

The Lovely Bones, Alice Sebold
4.1.11 - 4.5.11

I started this one at the bookstore, but I ended up checking a copy out from the library.
...
Maybe I just need to come up with a better genre description, bu this felt more in line with "experimental writing" fiction--like, some dreamed-up concept at a writer's workshop was developed into a full-fledged novel. I'm not sure how I feel about these books on the whole. Take away the main catalyst, and would I still care about reading it? I'm not sure.

I will say, though, that I think the writer is a strong one. It may be due in part because I read the book while PMSing, but there were multiple scenes throughout where I was very near to tears. Which implies a talented writer (or a hormonal reader... Either way...).

No comments:

Post a Comment