Wednesday, April 20, 2011

(Extra Extra) Mini Bucket List: Take TWO!


So I'm only like a month behind in posting this, but here's my list of books to read before July 1st hits. I won't lie, guys, I think this might be too ambitious. I've been hesitating to post it, because I'm already waaay behind schedule. I don't think it's going to happen. But whatever, right! The point is more to eventually read them. It'll happen. I'm excited for all of them.

The Books: (two aren't pictured, because they were in my backpack this morning. Because I'm reading them.)
  1. Moby Dick, Herman Melville
  2. The Reason I Won't Be Coming & Other Stories, Elliot Perlman
  3. Woman: An Intimate Geogrpahy, Natalie Angier
  4. The Portrait of Lady, Henry James
  5. Tales of H.P. Lovecraft
  6. Lost and Found in Russia, Susan Richards
  7. The Master and Margarita, Mikhail Bulgakov
  8. The Satanic Verses, Salman Rushdie (this will be a re-read)
  9. Great Expectations, Charles Dickens
  10. The Hunchback of Notre-Dame, Victor Hugo
  11. The Breaking of Eggs, Jim Powell
  12. The Yiddish Policeman's Union, Michael Chabon
  13. Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon
  14. White Noise, Don Delillo
I get a little exhausted just looking at that list. But it's all good! There are also a couple of maybes that I'll be checking out from the library. But those are maybes (they are books my sister wants me to read.)

Oh and I'm supposed to reread Seven Types of Ambiguity, by Elliot Perlman. I read it forever ago but remember nothing, and my sister just finished reading it while we were on vacation together and became almost physically violent when she realized I remembered nothing and therefore she couldn't discuss it with me ( longest sentence ever? I think maybe so!).

No comments:

Post a Comment