Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What I Wore 4.20.11

That's not Waldo, that's a decoy!

It's true. When I first saw this dress, I was with my (somewhat conservatively dressed) sister. She said it would be horrible, that I'd look exactly like Waldo. H&M was too crowded, so I grabbed my size and paid without trying it on (scandalous and brave all at once!). We got back to the hotel we were staying at, I tried it on, and it was love at first sight. Even my sister (grudgingly admitted that she) loved it.

That being said, when she picked me up from the train the other day, I was wearing it and she laughed. She said it still makes her think of Waldo. I told her I like that quality about the dress (it's true!). It makes walking downtown Seattle so much more interesting.
Dress: H&M
Collar: I made from this tutorial
Sweater: my sister's closet (shhh)
Tights: Fred Meyers (woot, they were a gift from my Aunt & Uncle)


Everytime someone looks at me, I imagine they're thinking "I found Waldo!..... Oh, wait, no. She's just a decoy...."Here's a close-up of the collar. If I had to do it differently, I'd use an actual ribbon like the tutorial told me to do. I thought I was being clever using cording, but I wasn't. I was being silly, and the cording doesn't like to stay knotted. I'm super in love with it, though, but it does point out how I don't have any normal, round-necked shirts to wear with it. Guess I need to get me some!

Also, do you like the make up I'm wearing? I never wear make up, but I may have a date tonight... Shhh....

No comments:

Post a Comment